Sunday 8 April 2018

Mothers Day Ride: Nairobi - Machakos - Wote - Makindu(Hunters Lodge) - Emali Nairobi

I had seen several posts on facebook (FB) narrating about the beautiful sceneries and the exhilarating twisties. I had not given it much of a thought, though Wote was on #My2015RideItList and in the meantime was planning for the Magadi and Central Kenya ride. But... a big one "BUT" a friends post on FB made me fast tract and do this ride.(Looked for it on her page but I could not find it) but then its this view..

Mothers day! It so happened I was seeing off my Mother to Mombasa..........., (a lot happened that's between Mother n Son) and after she set-off it all began, not quite.... Stopped at my mechanic's garage to sort out my head lamp bulb only to find out they had closed business ( I guess to celebrate mothers day). The skies were clear, and was expecting to be back in nairobi before dark "We would not let a bulb ruin it, after all we rode from Kiambu to Naivasha road with only the indicator and partking lights" so I gave #BabyLuella a pat (in this context its revving up) she responded well and off we weny afterafter fue up.
The Open Skies


Mombasa road was captivating and scary to say the least, from speeding Subaru's, Mark X's, lousy Toyotas & Nissans to the not so friendly transist trailer drivers who were overtaking forcing me to ride on the cycling/pedestrian ways (i raised my middle finger to one who almost pushed me out of the cycling lane).

Camera Check
Had planned to have a pit stop at Machakos junction, but with the delays on msa road due to traffic we had to catch up with time, so she (babyluella) picked up speed upto 135km on the speedo on the not so busy machakos road. Waaallah! machakos as always, busy at 1120Hrs with the 7-seater kangaroo matatus and the long chase upcountry busses honking to the max to confuse passangers if not to woe. Stopped at Naivas Macha, grabbed my breakfast and left the town to a silent down hill section of Machakos - Wote road to have my breakfast and Luella to cool down...


BabyLuella Cooling Off


Breakfast on the road







No comments:

Post a Comment